Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who lives In Las Vegas? I am trying to arrange and informal fun run...so many awesome drives around this area.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I live 2 hours North. I am also in the hot seat to plan the next Meet in the middle. tahoe was pretty cool and going to be hard to top.

I was going to look into the Shelby tour and maybe some track time. For sure the damn.

Mel

·
Registered
456 Posts
I live in Las Vegas.
How can I help you arrange something in Sin City? That is if your interested in my help,

Bill, Las Vegas Nevada

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Bill, as soon as we have a firm date on MILV I will get you to do some of the leg work. I may be going to work out of the LV office of a competitor and if so I will be in Vegas alot this next tour season.

Mel

·
Registered
456 Posts
O.K Mel;
Funny you would reply and not the orginal person who asked the question?. Shelby tours are mon-fri each day @ 10:30am. The track will be tough to pull off without mega insurance and "if" you know somebody. Maybe you have some connections and pull, I don't know - Again, I'll help if I can.
Bill, Las Vegas - Nevada

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bill, thank you.

I would like some help. All I am envisioning is arranging a group of at least 10 or so vintage mustangs around town for a cruise some weekend soon. If it's as fun as I imagine it would be, we could branch out from there.

Do you have any leads to other local vintage mustang owners?

I was thinking perhaps posting on the SNMA website and asking them to come here to create a roll call. What do you think?

·
Registered
456 Posts
SNMA is made up of 90% 88 on up models. They are a fine group and do many cruise-ins but you wont find many classics there. Additionally I ran MCLV for 10 years and we did many events with local crusises. Unfortunitly the new management has diluted and ran off many of the classics so 80% of what I see at their events are 90 on up. But you are welcome to contact whoever you want. Sadly if mclv is involved, I won't be - I'm not welcome their.
I know a small group of 20 members with classic Mustangs. Where did you have in mind to cruise? Red Rock? Bonnie Springs?
Bill, Las Vegas Nevada

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bill,
Let's try to get something together ASAP. Doesn't have to be big. First one can be small, then those present can branch out to the individuals they know from there for the next one.

Heck, why not have a standing saturday/sunday morning cruise at 9 a.m. with a fixed meeting point. The route/destination is really insignificant. It's the fun of driving together.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Depending when, I'll attempt to be there. Only an hour there, but three hours back. Hehehehe

Mel

·
Registered
456 Posts
Funny, one hour here and three hours back!!!(lol) That is probally true to some extent. Las Vegas does not want anybody to ever leave - more gaming reveneues. Not to sound a cop-out but during the holiday season now here it's usually hard to get a group together interested in much more than making money.
I do have a sweethart/memorial cruise planned for Feb. We will meet first and cruise out to lake mead lookout on the Nevada side. There we let loose ballons to remember our past loved one/s who are not with us in this life. From there we will cruise into Boulder City and have lunch. We will either go to the Cafe or A&W. Just depends on what everyone agrees on. The past 3 years we have went to Bonnie Springs but I figured I'd try something differant next year.
That's Feb 08., and with the way time flys that wont be to long from now. But Feb will be cold as it usually is. Between now and then I can't promise more than me and maybe one or two others. That's not much turnout for a cruise. Let me know if your interested.
Look at it this way, Barret Jackson will happen in Scottsdale by then and all our cars will go up even more in value making it an even more expensive convoy of ponies!.
Bill, Las Vegas Nevada

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Hey, Post if/when you get this going. I live in Henderson and I get to drive my Mustang daily to work now. I would love a reason to put a little extra "polish" on the STang and go for a pleasure ride.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright, it looks like three's a crowd...As far as I'm concerned, that's enough to make people look.

Keep watching this post and we'll get together very soon.

How does next sunday (11/18) look for you guys?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Sorry, I'm out of town that weekend. But feel free to cruise without me. I'm sure my Mach wouldn't keep up with you guys anyway? (lol)
Bill }:|

1 - 13 of 13 Posts