Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got this nifty carb adaptor to go with the tv cable. what i want to know is how the heck do you guys think it goes on?

first pic

the other is the way i have the cable on the tranny, it wouldn't fit the hole it was supposed to go into, so i'm gonna use the old bracket instead. i prolly call lokar tomorrow.anyone else have this issue?

second pic

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
The only issue I had with the Lokar cable (that I didn't use) is that the carb linkage moved lets say 2 " and the trans linkage moves 1 1/2 ". Somethings gotta give, or, something elses travel gets limited.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Sorry, can't help with the funky bell crank for the carb. My Lokar TV cable is hooked directly to my Edelbrock carb.

The second picture, though, has me baffled. First it looks like your AOD is set up for a column shift, not a floor shift. Second it looks like your cable is running directly to the front of the transmission. It should run to the back of the transmission, then make a sweeping loop back up towards the carb. The bracket that came with the cable should attach using the next to the last transmission pan bolt and the arm should point down (the shift arm should be pointing up). It will never work like you currently have it. When the throttle is opened, it needs to pull the TV lever towards the rear of the car. This however is going to be difficult to set up, with your shifter arm pointing downward. Your shift linkage is going to be equaly as hard, if not down right impossible.

You need to pull the pan and the valve body, then flop the shift arm 180*, then put it all back together.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
That's what the holley adaptor is designed to correct to make sure the throttle pulls in the same relative motion as the TV lever on the tranny.

BTW - the Lokar cable you show in pic 2 is hooked up backwards as John pointed out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts