Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried using these?
summitracing.com

Just curious...trying to adapt '99 Cobra wheels to my '69 and looking at all possibilities/alternatives to $300 custom spacers.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
823 Posts
Funny, I am looking at this also. Is anyone using these adapters and is there a noticable difference in handling? Can you tell you are using the adapters behind the wheels?

I am thinking of the 17x8 Bullet Wheels, but I need the adapters to make them work.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I have them for $60 each, just in case you're interested.......
The only real difference between these and the ones I sell (and other) is that it's a cast aluminum piece rather than a 6061 machined piece. The 6061 is going to be stronger. I also recommend a hubcentric design, which allows for better centering of the wheel.

Blatant sales pitch! ::
Dave ::
My web site

·
Registered
147 Posts
69Mach351... I looked at those and actually met a guy who had them and hated them.

69Mach351 & ssdvc....I got some custom billit spacers made for $180 for all four(plus shipping). They work great, custom made to fit, and guaranteed for life!

e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll hook you up with my guy (don't have his info at work).

FYI...I have 245/40/17s Bullitt Wheels from the 2001(2?) GTs

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Those are not what you want. They are used to accept a wheel with a different bolt pattern not as a spacer for the late model wheels. The bolt pattern for the late model wheels are the same they just have alot more backspacing. Is your life not worth spending $300 to hold your wheels on? You gotta pay to play.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't really like the idea of cast aluminum spacers, but I was more just looking for input from you guys as to where I might be able to find the "good stuff" for a little less $$$. I'm frugal, not cheap...there is a difference.

I was also looking at the spacer kit on karkraft.com and I'm puzzled as to why there are 2 different thickness spacers in the kit. Only 2 spacers actually bolt on the the hub. If I'm paying $300, I think they should all be bolt-on style.

Thanks as always

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I think the different thickness is due to the front upper control arm and balljoint. I may be wrong because I am just a guessing.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I would just bite the bullet and get the KarKraft units that are specifically designed for the late model wheel addition..

AJ

·
Registered
20 Posts
It looks like at least one company sell the Bullit wheel with the correct backspacing for early Mustangs.

I am thinking about a set for my '69 Fastback.

The site is www.replicawheels.com. Click Ford-Replica Whels then select the Bullit wheels and keep selecting the options till you get to the drop down menu. Look and you'll see an for LPO offset for early Mustang.

If anyone ends up trying a set of these or calling the company to confirm the earlier Mustang application. Please, let everyone know what you find.

Good Luck,

RestoRod69

(aka Dale302 -- It's been so long since I've been here I think I was deleted. So, I am back as RestoRod69--sounds catchier than Dale302- Later!)

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
The rear wheels will fit with minimal clearance issues. It's the fronts that are the problem. They have so much backspacing that they rub all over the control arms. The thicker spacer with the wheel studs bolts onto your original lugs then the wheel bolts directly to the new studs. The thinner spacers go on the rear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts