Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A really nice 5 liter block /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Looks to be stock bore (ford pistons with something like E6 or E7 part numbers, no signs of 0.030 markings). Also almost 0 ridge at all.

I'm happy now, going to go with a summit rering kit i believe. Clean up the block, paint it up a bit, make it look as good as it is (better than any 4 banger)

Kinda mad that my stepdad got pissed though, sure it was 11:30 at night and sure all the outside lights were on, BUT it was some of the most productive time ive spent in weeks, and i was quiet as can be and the weather was nice and I was having a good time doing something productive. Oh well, parents will be parents.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hey buddy: If those are the stock pistons, look them over very close....Some of the 5.0's were bad about cracking at the skirt. I had a '83 5.0 roller motor, that had 65000 miles on it, from a T-bird. I tore it down and it had 6 pistons with either cracked or broken skirts...
Don't want to re-rong pistons, and later, find some were cacked...
Steve

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Is it a 86 or 87 5.0 Liter? I understand that there is a huge difference between them and the 86 has special pistons and the worst head design of any of the 5.0s. Just a heads up on a potential problem. John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts