Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Testing another blue color today. This is a Ford color called Royal Blue. I'm not sure if it's not a bit too dark. What do you think? Also, I'm not worried about the orangepeel. I was just testing the color. And, I'm not really that big as I appear in blue5!!! :) Ya know the camera adds 10lbs, well my camera adds 20 :)
Chick the site below to see.
Project 1+1

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
That seems like an awful lot of work just to "test" a color. Plus, aren't you worried about excessive paint build-up, multiple layers, peeling, cracking, solvent trapping, lifting? Critique aside, the color looks nice.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not worried about buildup. I'll block it down before I spray the final color.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
If you want lighter than you are looking at Guardsman Blue. After all that work I would paint it something more flashy though, like Rangoon Red with Black Pony Interior. That would look stellar! ::

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
That is a BEAUTIFUL color!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Nice color.
But if your going to put nice artwork on the side why would you pick a picture of a fat guy in shorts (Picture Color5).

Sorry, couldn't help myself when I saw the picture. :: ::

·
Registered
220 Posts
That project looks huge man. I like the blue, maybe a little lighter, dark blue IMO doesn't look great on all vintage Mustangs.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree, & after looking at it several times I think it's too dark. And it kinda has a purple look when the sun isn't shining on it. Don't want purple!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
i agree that the color could be alittle lighter, not the blue thats leaning towards baby blue! like the blue on that fastback that was redone on overhaulin. thats too light of a blue. i love close to that blue with white stripes! its a good thing you didnt do the whole car and were unhappy with the result, good thinking

·
Registered
846 Posts
That's a fantastic blue! Kentucky blue in my mind. I like how the color changes in the light. At one angle its a deep blue in pict 1 & 2, in pict 3 the side is dark blue and the trunk looks purple to black. I think it's great. A couple of shelby stripes and it'd be my version of Steve McQueen in a blue car instead of a green one.

If I had a 67 or 68 fastback(just a fastback) I'd use your pict(color 2) for a wild paint scheme and the same color blue! ::

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
i like that dark blue!.. i think white letter tires look best on dark color cars also. i'd keep what i got :0)

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
Nice work, Very nice work!! Maybe, for me, a bit dark. I like the Sapphire blue that was a 66 T-Bird color. It's on Laurie's car. But........it's your car and it'll look great with that color too. If, at a show, anyone looks under hood to check vin #, pull a "Christine" and rig the hood to slam on his head!! :: How 'bout 66 Shelby 1/4 windows? Might as well shock :: :: the MCA crowd AND the Shelby gang! :: Anyway........a car to be proud of! ::

·
Registered
480 Posts
Roayl blue is one of the 3 colors im thinking about painting my car in the next couple of weeks. I love it and think it looks great on your car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts