Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Laurie, I read your post about your doofus...but now I must ask for the award for myself...

I can admit that is is really my first doofus from working on cars.

I was timing my car yesterday and I was inspecting the inside of my distributer and checking the gap on the ignition. I removed the rotor...checked the gap...replaced the cap and continued checking some other things. I go to start my car...lot's of turns...won't start. I check everything...couldn't find anything wrong and tried to start again. Still won't start. I look again and look for anything out of the ordinary and I found it. My rotor was sitting on my tool set. DOH!!!!

It gets better. I put it back in and started the car and it runs fine. Later that night (after dinner) I go back out to to some fine tuning like checking my gap again and plugs/wires etc before the sun went down (since I have to work outside)and then shut the hood. My fiancee went to start the car this morning and it wouldn't start. Now I'm confused...Opened the hood...and I had forgot to reattach the cap after I adjusted the gap on the car the evening before.

DOH...DOH!!!!

I'm sure there will be many more...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've done things to make you guys look like Einstein! The rotor thing is something I used to do before I got to be a Super Doofus!

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Okay, here you go! Gee, I didn't get to keep it for very long. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm 25...hopefully this won't get worse...I'd like to hand over the award soon...I just thought it was funny...

I love being new to these cars...everyday is a learning experience...and I actually rush home from work to try to fix something.

Slade

1 - 5 of 5 Posts