Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done taking all the spotwelds off, and the cowl is now ready for repair....but boy was I in for a suprise. The WHOLE panel is riddled with small holes, huge holes on each far side, (actually, on the driver's side, there's barely anything there). So here's where I need the suggestions. There aren't many junkyards around here, and the I highly doubt any of them have the section I need, let alone a 69 Mustang for it to come from. So, here's the plan if I can't find a full panel.
I'll buy the cowl patches for around the hats, weld them in, cut all the other rusted metal out, get some sheet metal, and construct a new panel from the sheet metal. Does this sound possible? TIA.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Sure, you could do it that way. You could also place a few calls and ask fellow vmf'ers if anyone has the panel you seek. I have a guy out here who is reasonable who probably has one in his yard. I need to get one for the export as it has the very same problem: total and complete cancer. Beats fabricating one. Nothing fits like a Ford part!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts