Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so last night I remove the air shocks and homemade ladder bar the PO had on the car and the rear end sags so bad I am within an inch of hitting the inner fender with my tires. If the car is not level the low side sags even further. I have read several post here that recommend Eaton springs but my question is which spring to buy? My '70 sportsroof originally came with a 302 but unsure of which rearend. I currently have a 460 with a 9" rear. Do I buy the original springs or buy for a model that had a big block? Are the mounting locations all the same and the only difference being spring rate? Finally, what do you all think about poly vs rubber bushings. It will be a weekend cruiser that sees occasional strip.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
11,702 Posts
The stock springs will work, but if you want to launch the car you may want something a little stronger.

If you like the lowered look you may want to get mid-eye springs as well, but be careful here, as mid-eye springs may impact your traction control device selection.

Poly bushings squeak badly. Use Midolyn bushings from Canadian Mustang or poly-graphite.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the 5 leaf with the mid-eye option from Dallas or NPD ( I can't rememeber now). Handles great with no wheel hop.

To complete the look though I got the progressive rate springs from Pro motorsports. So I can't tell ya just how much the 5 leafs helped out by them selves.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I used on my '69 Convertible Canadian/American Mustang's hi-lift springs and they went in very well....(still trying to figure out the differnce in right to left height..but that's a different post). I recommend using their kit...very close to originality if that's what you shooting for...and Highly Recommend the Midolyn bushings everywhere that they make them for...replace that rubber...its worth the ride! For those of you looking to make a minor wkend change to your steed...change the end links and bushings on your front sway bar...w/ midolyn..you won't regret it! What a difference!
Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts