Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a mistake and ordered a suspension kit, but forgot to buy the u-bolts. I now don't have time to wait for them to ship so am just going to get them at the local auto store. Could someone tell me the measurements on the U-Bolts on the leaf springs for a 66 v8 mustang so I can be sure to get the right size? Thanks a lot and sorry for the dumb question.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I'd go to my local NAPA parts dealer. They should be able to get the right ones. Do you have the old ones for comparison? What's wrong with the old ones?

Neil Hoppe

·
Registered
303 Posts
When I needed new ones due to the threads being stripped by the PO, I brought one to my local welding shop. He acually had a u-bolt bender, and was able to make exact duplicates for me. They were the correct diameter and correct steel. Believe it or not, he only charged me $5.00 a piece. Good luck

·
Registered
115 Posts
Been there done that. Went to install my new leaf springs and saw the condition on my u-bolts and figured I would be better off with new ones. Went to Napa, Auto Zone, and O'reileys and no one carries them so off I went to a local rear end shop on a Saturday. Found a guy working in there on his own car and he made me 4 new ones on his bender and charged me $20. I figured I just gave beer money for the weekend to one of the employees and the cash would never see the till. At least I got my springs on that day. I should have realized it would have been better to order them the day I ordered my springs.

·
Registered
35,876 Posts
If you get suspension or spring kits from Glazier/Nolan, the U bolts are included.

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
I got a set of u bolts last year from my local Carquest.

·
Registered
303 Posts
22GT that is a great price for show correct ! What and where is G/N ?

·
Registered
369 Posts
22GT, is that a traction bar/rod that I see welded to the bottom of the spring plate?

·
Registered
35,876 Posts
22GT, is that a traction bar/rod that I see welded to the bottom of the spring plate?
Yes, that's the Traction Master on a 66 GT350H. Not welded, though, the U bolt nuts hold the brackets on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts