Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quick question on leaf springs?
I need to replace my rear leaf spring on my 72 Mach. I have checked my catalogs and the price range from the 100 to the 200-dollar range. In this case does price make a difference?
Can someone suggest a good place to get some good quality but reasonably priced ones?

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
The springs at Mustangs Plus are very good, particularly if you are thinking of using a mid-eye or reverse-eye to lower the rear. Many of the springs out there only do the mid/reverse eye on the front, which changes the pinion angle. The Mustangs Plus springs are done on both front and back to avoid the pinion angle change.

I can't speak to price as I did not really shop around. I do know that Canadian Mustang's springs were cheaper, but they only do the treatment on the front eye. Canadian's springs are well made tho.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
i just installed a new set of standard, 4-leaf springs on my '71 convertible. i got a kit from mustangs plus ($170) that included eye bolts, shackels and bushings. everything fit well and the project went smoothly. i don't know much about other vendors' springs, but i'm very pleased with these.

·
Registered
188 Posts
i just installed a set of 4 leaf springs from canadian mustang, the springs made soo much of a difference, it was unbelievable. The whole kit with the performance shackles was $174 including shipping.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
MustangPlus' kits are a good price but the shipping (almost anywhere) will add up. I got mine from J.C.Whitney. I put them on this Spring and they have been just fine. They are even and hold the car to a good height. Howwever, others here on the VFM have not had as good of luck. Shippiong was much much less. Therefore the total cost was less than any other place I checked.

John Harvey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts