Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '65 coupe has a leak on the passenger side. I inspected the cowl and it's not leaking. I found that the heater box was in need of repair while looking for the leak. So it's out of the way. I dump a ton of water down the windshield and it is only coming in from the hole for the heater motor. Could that be the source of the leak? Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Burke

'65 Coupe 289 V2 AT PB

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my brother has a 66 coupe and he has been having the same problem. We have inspected it and found water coming from the screw hole on the passenger-side kick panel. I think there's something clogged in the drainage passages and is causing the water to find new ways of draining. I haven't pulled the fender off to look at it yet, but I hope this helps a little.

70 fastback modified 351W Edelbrock water pump and rpm intake holly 650 front disc brake conv. Auto to toploader conv. Hurst comp. plus shifter

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Besides looking at the seal around the wiper arms as Adam mentioned, the other culprit can be the seam where the Cowl, firewall and inner fender come together. After thirty years the seam sealer is often deteriorated to the point that there is a gap in this area. This can cause leaking around the kick panel. Unfortunately, the only way I know to check and fix this is to remove the fender and check the seam.

Beri Fraley
Strong, Proud, and Ugly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts