Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my C-6 on my 428 is having a strange leak. It happens like this day1- check fluid lvl(car running)lvl fine, no leaks.Day 2- look underneath car no leaks(did not start car)
day3- check underneath car tranny fluid everwhere.
im kinda of lost on whats going on here. Im sure the pan is not leeaking,shifter linkage seal appears ok. cant seem to make sense of this.. any suggestions???

·
Banned
3,730 Posts
Could be rear main or....maybe for some reason torque converter oil drained back into pan causing an overflow....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what would cause the T/C oil to drained back into pan causing an overflow....??

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Bad or leaking converter check valve in the front pump...

I've had that problem on the race car occasionally. Usually, the car has to sit a couple of weeks before enough fluid leaks back to overflow.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am experiencing the same problem with my C6. No leaks during driving or the day after but over the next several days (if not driven) I have a large pool of fluid. It appears to be leaking from the area where the dipstick tube goes into the housing. Is this an overflow area?

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
This was my first thought. The rubber "O" ring that seals the tube to the housing might not be sealing properly so when the fluid is hot and expands, it could seep out at that point. Also, make sure that it isn't your power steering as it uses ATF as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts