Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there. Just saw the hose that connects the fuel line to the fuel tank/sending unit is leaking. I know I have to replace the hose. Anyone know the size of the hose? Or is there a better hose to use to prevent this issue in the future.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
use a piece of fuel injection hose. it can take the new gas additives better

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
Any auto parts store sells fuel injection hose by the foot, or some local shop may donate you a 4 inch piece.

Reactions: rio16

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
It looks like your sending unit has a 3/8" fitting (it looks larger) and the fuel line is 5/16". I see the connector hose has 3/8" on it. You could probably go either way with the hose, but I would try to squeeze a 5/16" on the sender.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It looks like your sending unit has a 3/8" fitting (it looks larger) and the fuel line is 5/16". I see the connector hose has 3/8" on it. You could probably go either way with the hose, but I would try to squeeze a 5/16" on the sender.
Damn you’re right. I gotta look on the hose itself lol. Thanks for catching that

·
Registered
9,610 Posts
I highly recommend you use fuel injection clamps instead of the worm clamps. They seal better, don't damage the hose and have a much cleaner appearance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts