Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 66 fastback which back glass leaks into trunk from bottom right corner.I have removed all the trim & caulked perimeter without removing glass.Is their something i can use so i can avoid pulling trim off.dont want to risk chipping paint.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had the same problem. I had to pull off the glass, and when I did there were 2 holes at the bottom that looked like they had been put there by the factory (I don't know for sure). I used some of that clear bathroom caulk on the holes, had a new gasket put in with the glass and the problem was solved.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you might get away with using the windscreen sealer you can find at autozone, small tube, clear, is pretty
thin and if done on a hot day will flow a bit. used it on one of my 7's as the windscreen is not removable
and it worked ok.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
you may have a leak from rusted out window frame that is hard to patch without taking the window out. you never know whether it is the seal or the window frame. kyou might try putting sealer under the rubber - between rubber and window frame.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts