Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay. 67 coupe. i have had leaks before so as a temporary fix i put a cowl cover on because thats where most of the leaks were coming from.

anyways. that works for most of the leaks, however, i have 2 more leaks that i cant track.

this first is on the driver side, behind the dash. all the way in the front left hand corner. right above the heater controls. is this a leak in the windshield???

the second comes from the cowl where the heater connects. now there is no water going through the cowl because of the cover. so where could that leak originate???

please just let me know where the leaks are coming from and how to fix them

thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Are you getting 100% seal on the cowl cover? maybe some rust around windshield gasket. It sounds as if it was coming out of the fresh air vent which would be from the cowl. many of the fresh air vents are rotted out and you can change the seal between cowl and air vent

·
Registered
626 Posts
you might take a cup of water and pour around the windshield wipers. I actually welded my cowl up solid and thought about the holes around the wipers. I haven't had water on it yet and I am getting the windshield put in next week so I can't say for certain. I will say my old windshield gasket was shot and I had to clean up some surface rust when the old windshield came out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts