Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, some of you may have read my disgusting post regarding scAAMCO (search my username...youll get a kick out of it).

Anyway, I will be replacing the pan gasket, but on closer inspection there are some "wet" areas that I'll just as well address, but not sure if I would be opening a can of worms.

specifically, on the passenger side of the tranny, there is a vacuum canister-like gizmo located directly under the rear coolant line. It has a rubber hose attached to it. Not sure if its the "modulator". Anybody know if I just repace the whole thing, or can I just replace the O-ring? Does the whole enchilada just screws off easily without strings attached?

On the driver side, there is a manual gear selector. When my wife runs the gears from Park to 1st, up and down, this area is the pivot where the actual gears are changing. The gear lever motion is transmitted here and there seems to be a central nut and a plate that acts as the base. This base has two 1/2inch bolt heads. I can remove and pull out the guts...anybody done this? will there be strings attach?

thanks is advance.

Jaime

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok... the modulator has an o-ring only if it has a clamp like the speedo cable. You can try to get another o-ring, someone should be able to help. If you want to change the selector seal you'll have to drop the valve body. There is an o-ring inside the central nut(downshift lever) that can be replaced with ease. Try these 2 & see if it helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts