Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. I only get home to Orlando about every two weeks just now. Is it bad to leave the conv top down with the boot on between visits home ? I did occasionally with the old top but don't want to do it with the new top if its bad for it.

G

·
If you don't mind wrinkles when you put the top up then leave it down. Most of the wrinkles come out when the car sits out in the sun for a while though.

Other than the wrinkles, there really is nothing that will damage the top by leaving it down.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Mine is down 99.99% of the time. The only time I put it up is to wash it.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I put mine down in April and put it back up in October. Top was installed in about 1979 and it looked good (but faded) and was fine until about a year ago.

John Harvey

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Mine's down when I take it out of winter storage (April) until it goes back in Octoberish...doesn't go up until then ::.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I leave mine down most of the time...I place a very clean dry towel in mine to protect plastic window. This works great in California, but I don't know if this is a good idea in other parts of the country?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.