Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Shelby style 15" Lecarra with the correct hub. Now that I am driving the '67 a little I've noticed how close the Lecarra steering wheel is to the turn signal lever. Every time I turn a corner I turn the blinker back on. Has anyone else run into this problem?

K

·
0 Posts
No problem with mine.......maybe your paws are too big. ::
joking I was just joking..... ::

·
Registered
491 Posts
I took an extra lever and cut the end off to the length I wanted. I put a rubber vacuum cap on the end. Works fine now.
Todd.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
If you decide to bend the leaver to increase the distance between the wheel and the leaver like Brian suggested, DO NOT try to do it with the leaver installed.

A PO had a similar problem with the POS wheel that was previously in my car (Not LaCarra) and broke the column cap's threaded casting in the process ::. I was of course able to fix it with a little JB Weld, but it was a RPIA ::

·
Registered
675 Posts
Alot of the aftermarket wheels have less dish than the original. I had the same thing with my Grant wheel so I removed the lever and bent it in a vice to correct the spacing. I also shortened it a bit since the new wheel is also smaller in diameter...

68Restoman

1 - 8 of 8 Posts