Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
oh nice... what size is the 69 headlight housing? I would need 4 so.. yeah very $$$

what does the hella lens upgrade do?
The 64-68 headlights are 7", whereas the 69-70 are 5" I believe. I can't be 100% sure on the 70 as I had a 69 and it was a 5" headlight.

Have you thought about getting a real LED headlight and not one where they just put in a LED bulb? The ones that I have are the Truck-Lite #27270C, 7” round LED H4 headlights and can cost about $165 each if you look around. I got mine on eBay, come with a 3 year warranty, and are DOT approved. These are the same lights that the military uses.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 64-68 headlights are 7", whereas the 69-70 are 5" I believe. I can't be 100% sure on the 70 as I had a 69 and it was a 5" headlight.

Have you thought about getting a real LED headlight and not one where they just put in a LED bulb? The ones that I have are the Truck-Lite #27270C, 7” round LED H4 headlights and can cost about $165 each if you look around. I got mine on eBay, come with a 3 year warranty, and are DOT approved. These are the same lights that the military uses.

Yeah I did think about it. They are nice, but I'm not sure I'd like the look of those on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Yeah I did think about it. They are nice, but I'm not sure I'd like the look of those on mine.

I wasn't sure I would like the look either, but once I lit these up, and I could finally see the road it was a done deal. Many other car owners will come up to me at car shows and ask about the head lights cause they too are fed up with not being able to see at night.

Here is what they look like in mine. They give off a great beam pattern, are the brightest/whitest I've seen, and since the everything is self contained in the housing nothing sticks out to get in the way of fitment.

Many times when the LED bulb that is put in an H4 housing the heat sink will extend out too far and will cause interference when trying to put the head light back in.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I believe the 69 headlights are 5 3/4"

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Any mods to wiring with those headlights? They look pretty good actually.

Nope they are a direct fit with the same 3-prong plug. Just unplug your old ones, and plug in the new ones. They are heavier than the OEM because the case is aluminum.

Now you also should do the headlight relay mod so they get a full 12 vdc. I have one relay for the lows and one for the highs. One of the better mods out there for next to nothing.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Way too expensive. I have been running LEDs in my 65 for over 1 year now. $39 on EBay. Just use your own housings. Just make sure to get the latest Cree chip. Do a search for H4 LED.

There was another thread about leds a while back also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts