Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Led

I wish they would get rid of LED taillights, Those suckers hurt. I personally cannot look at a vehicle with the break lights on, Cadillac Is the worst.

·
Registered
9,013 Posts

·
VMF Ambassador
6,590 Posts
Interestingly, I have a program on my laptop that does a similar thing to what these scientists are recommending - at night, it changes the lighting of my laptop from a harsh blue to a warmer yellow. Reduces eye strain a ton and is much easier to see what I'm working on! The program is called f.lux. If I turn it off at night, it is an immediate, noticeable, and terrible difference.

·
Premium Member
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish they would get rid of LED taillights, Those suckers hurt. I personally cannot look at a vehicle with the break lights on, Cadillac Is the worst.
you are not the only one. Toyotas have blinding brake lights that causes me and my friends to squint at night. All my friends have told me that some of those LED brake and signal lights are blinding at night. daytime isnt so bad.

·
Premium Member
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the old halogen headlights and airplane tungsten landing lights seem to have the ideal color light. metal halide street lights produce a nice color light and hps gives the best visibility. 27K aka soft white seems to be the ideal color for lighting.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Interesting about the circadian rhythmicity. Seems like something many people would choose to ignore because its effects are subtle and not highly tangible. And then twenty years later we will find out high color temp LED light causes people to become serial killers with brain cancer.

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
Interesting about the circadian rhythmicity. Seems like something many people would choose to ignore because its effects are subtle and not highly tangible. And then twenty years later we will find out high color temp LED light causes people to become serial killers with brain cancer.
I dunno, I'm now a cereal killer with brain farts. Does that count?

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
My wife says the LED lights we have in the house bother her eyes. She had me remove the ones I had installed in the recessed cans in the kitchen ceiling, annoyed me some as she has them on all day long and they use 75 watt bulbs. I was careful to purchase the warm color LED units, but as guys quickly learn a happy wife is a happy life.

·
Registered
31 Posts
you are not the only one. Toyotas have blinding brake lights that causes me and my friends to squint at night. All my friends have told me that some of those LED brake and signal lights are blinding at night. daytime isnt so bad.
I get behind Caddies, Ambulance, or what ever and my eyes hurt. The police lights are worse I see purple spots for a while.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts