Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Sportroof Mustang Grabber Value Package
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I installed Mustang Project LED head lights and WCCC Plasma LED Red tail light bulbs. I cant wait till tonight because I see a very noticeable difference in daylight. These were pricey but i hope it's worth it with my aging eyes.
The LED head lights could not have been easier to install, zero cutting, fit and finish is perfect, they look factory until you turn them on. Head lights you can tell which is which.
The LED taillight is on the left if you cant tell and easy install. With just the taillights the blinkers work perfect, I will install the yellow front turns later and report if the blinkers work.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Saaaaaweeeeeet ! I did Mustang Project LED tail lights about 2002, and they still look and work great. I haven't done LED head lights or front signals, mainly because there's nothing wrong with the halogens I have (and I need to keep my priorities straight with a family and 2 other Mustangs haha!) BUT I really love the LED headlamps in my truck and my wife's Expedition for the clarity and amazing difference in the clarity and how colors pop to improve safety. Send more pics ! !

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
633 Posts
I've got WCCC red plasma taillights installed, and am extremely happy with them, but I didn't realize the factory replacement type headlights even existed. I'm anxious to hear what you think about them tonight. I would think they would pull less current than the factory ones, which would definitely help on a '69.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got WCCC red plasma taillights installed, and am extremely happy with them, but I didn't realize the factory replacement type headlights even existed. I'm anxious to hear what you think about them tonight. I would think they would pull less current than the factory ones, which would definitely help on a '69.
The amp draw was a big reason too besides the visibility, no need for a headlight relay.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My father has LED tail lights and backup lights on his 1940 Ford and it is literally painfull to be behind them at night, lol.
I plan on getting their plasma LED back up lights to.
I'm thinking about putting the white ones in the sport lamps on a relay to come on when the engine is running as driving lights.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I am satisfied, these bad boys are bright and I can see now! LOL.
I still need to tweak them but I am happy.
Low beam 1st
hi beam

Attachments

Reactions: mqu02

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You bet, I found them on here.....
Lots of great info and even greater folks here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts