Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed LED parking lights in front and sequential LED tail lights in the rear (CJPony Kit)

Mustang Sequential LED Taillight Kit Ultra Bright 1965-1966

After the car show on Sunday a buddy mentioned that my left tail light was not working. Once I got home, I tested all 4 corners with headlights off, parking lights on and headlights on. Fronts are working on all accounts. Rear right working on all accounts. Rear left however, no brake light and no turn signal, but running lights are on when the headlights are on (so I know they are operational/connected).

Anyone experience this or similar and have suggestions?

I double checked that the light socket on the left side was seated correctly. I also made sure the (new) flasher module was still connected under the dash.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Make sure that the tail light is well grounded. If you can run a separate ground to the housing. I had to do that with mine and haven't had an issue since.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I'm wondering, if LEDs front and back, maybe a different flasher than that came with the kit is required.

An LED Flasher is required if you are running LED bulbs otherwise the front turn signals and rear turn signals will not be in synch with each other. I'm still thinking you have a grounding issue, so I would hook up another ground lead and also connect it to the other taillight, and then to the somewhere in the trunk. Make sure that you use a good lock washer so it bites into the panel (trunk lid support) to make a good ground.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts