Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we just installed the LED NON sequential taillights on Tiggermoms 69 vert, what a big improvement. They work great. We used the SafeCode (Mustang Project) LED's and they make a great product. I did have one stupid move on my part. I was looking at the electrical assembly manual, They show the turn signal to be on the left side. No prob, changed the flasher out and nope, no work. Crap, I called them up and talked to a Richard C. Counts, what a great guy. We went through the whole install and we were both beating our heads against the wall. He even sent out a second flasher thinking that I had a bad one. Nope, same thing, not working. So I start looking at what I was doing and it hit me right between the eyes, The electrical diagram is from the back of the dash. I felt so stupid. Changed the flasher over on the passenger side, work's great. I called Richard back to tell him my bright move and he even thanked me, said it gave him more trouble shooting moves .

Any way, two thumbs up for SafeCode and Mustang Project, Fantastic customer service and a great product.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Mustang Project's customer service is as top notch as their products. I was the first one to encounter the "goofy" '65/'66 tailight buckets (one of mine has the socket flush with the inside of the bucket, as opposed to the usual ones that protrude INTO the buckets). I had to modify mine, in the '66 to work. When I told them about it, they had a fix for it within 2 weeks, changed their instructions to show both types of tail light buckets and started including extra pieces to modify them if you have these buckets. Most companies would not have even acknowledged the problem, let a lone fixed their design within 2 weeks. That's how much they care about a good product and good customer service.

Dave, glad you got the flashers figured out!

·
Registered
662 Posts
When i installed mine i had a defective left side module. I called Richard and went over it with him and the replacement went from Texas to my door in New York in 2 days and works great. Richard is a great guy to deal with and would recomend there products to anyone without regret. ::

1 - 6 of 6 Posts