Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there, not a new member but lost the password of my old account.

I have a loose passenger mirror on my 76 mustang mach 1. Tried many things nothing seems to fix it.
So I found a mirror lens assembly(the only one I could find online with only the lens assembly) - if i remove the old mirror assembly, i wonder if this one would fit? Here are some pics. (I know this one is not a remote mirror but I don't mind )

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,105 Posts
I don't think so. The shape looks different and the listing shows it is for the 69-73 Mustang. I saw your other post and I think your stock mirror can be repaired with a two-part expoxy or something that reforms the original bracket that the steering cables mount through, and maybe use some painter's tape over a block of cardboard or wood in front of the glass and wrapped onto the mirror body to hold it in place while it dries overnight. When you are ready to do it, have the mirror aimed where you want it by looking from the driver seat, tape it down and let it stay while the expoxy dries inside the mirror body.
Maybe you can eventually find a replacement mirror that has good guts inside to do a transplant from another Mustang, Maverick, Pinto etc. later on. Keep that Mustang going ! !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts