Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting my 65 back on the road after sitting for six years during an illness.
I moved it to a place to do the work and started ordering parts that I figured I might need.
My 65 when purchased was a 1 owner all original garage kept queen so little has ever needed to be fixed.
Well I took the battery out and picked up a new one and decided to change the battery tray to the newer one with hold downs.
Well my part came yesterday so I went o install the new tray :O
I had not noticed the old one just had a bit of dirt and surface rust and....... under it had been fixed and the tray was WELDED to the tray and tacked to the fender.
That trat will not come out easy so I just spent the first part of Thanksgiving Wire brushing and and adding rust treatment to a battery tray and a coat of Por-15
Looks kinda nice :D
Lesson is check the part and see if you really need to replace it. I have a new tray i cant use and its my fault.
SORRY for the long post
Happy Thanksgiving From My Family To Yours.

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
3,300 Posts
Lol I have quite a few pieces I wont use on this build. Lol I've bought them only to change my mind later.

Reactions: bsolo66

·
Registered
845 Posts
Even with a thorough inspection, you will find some unexpected issues when you disassemble the car. Just a given with a 50 year old car. I did my best to inspect the car I bought, still had some surprises.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts