Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got rid of the tunnel ram because it made no sense and I was being stubborn in getting only for looks. So Im selling. The problem is I got a cam for with low duration and high lift .218 @.050 with .524 lift. Now I belive that cam will not work wiht my new setup why dont you guys let me know. Alright well start with the manifold. Im gonna go with the australian funnel web. A top the funnel web will be a holley 750 double pumper from Bigs carbs set up for the Paxton Novi 2000 supercharger. The supercharger will be modified bracket wise for the cleveland. I am also going to custom build my own hat for the supercharger out of aluminium. Then Im going to change the came to a 280H from Comp I believe. Then roller rockers from proform. A holley fuel pump a high flow oil pump. Thats about all I am adding besides headers from hooker and a TCI torque converter with a stall from 3k-3500. Just wandering what you guys think of that. Also if anyone has any ideas on the supercharger or where I can get that model for a good price I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks John

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
I think the supercharger manufacturer will be the best source for a cam recommendation...

Kudos for ditching the tunnel ram...they look boss but suck at everything but motivating a pure race engine...

Is this going to be a blow-through app? With the carb in a pressure box?

In any event, a complex combo like this should be fleshed out by a reputable engine builder. The amount of questions on my mind (and I'm certainly no expert in supercharging) would exceed the space in this thread...

But I'll spare you that...*G*

Just keep in mind 10 USD per HP, maybe a bit more depending on supercharger type...

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
A naturally aspirated cleveland likes more lift and less duration.I like the cam myself. I can't speak for super charging other than focusing on the exhaust more. I hope that you don't have quench chambers. You seem to be hung up on some wild induction set up why? The torker is the single best intake for a cleveland and a 700-750 cfm carb, it's simple,reliable, and cheap.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

You seem to be hung up on some wild induction set up why?

<hr></blockquote> Most of us have given up that question a long time ago. I'd just like to see pictures. That's all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts