Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a carbon fiber driveshaft from PST. It arrived promptly but with the wrong cups on the universal. No problem, they made a mistake, so they ship the right ones to me immediately.

After being distracted working on my brothers '97 Cobra for a few days I go to put it in. And DAMN, it's too big. Long story short, I guess I measured it wrong. :( I have no idea how I blew this, I checked it twice. But clearly it is my fault, not theirs.

So I ship it back, I'm thinking I'll have to eat this $700 driveshaft. It seems you can't cut these down like you would with an alumimum or steel. Once they are built it's a done deal. But guess what! For $125 (covers labor) they build me a new one and ship it to me just as quickly as the first.

Tonight I'll put it in, but I've already had the measure to it; it's the right length, the cups are right... now to bleed the brakes, align the front end and it's "here Chevy Chevy Chevy"... I can't wait.

If your looking to have a driveshaft done, steel, aluminum or carbon fiber, then I'd suggest PST.

And tell Mark that I sent you (or maybe not, he might run screaming).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nice to know there are still some places out there with great customer service

1 - 3 of 3 Posts