Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,022 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
that is some quality reading material. i know i run 87 in the 01 gt without any ping to save money .

but i still run premium in my 66 bc i have alot of timing into it so its just piece of mind i suppose.not to mention, now that i have the gt, i think i only put 30 or so miles on the 66 a week now.

i always laugh my butt off when my friends say hey i put premium in my car and i can feel the power difference....in a honda civic? ..sureeeee.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
i always laugh my butt off when my friends say hey i put premium in my car and i can feel the power difference....in a honda civic? ..sureeeee.
Actually, some years of the Civic si do require premium. So do the new Focus SVT, Cooper S, GTI, '94-on Integra GS-R, S2000 (11:1 compression ratio from the factory!). My older stock Civic si doesn't require it, but nevertheless it is only a tenth slower to 60 than my A-code Mustang...

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
yes, i know the si's and svt focus requires premium. i have a friend with a 98si, a friend with an 03 si, i also had a friend who had an svt focus until he totaled it anyways.

i was speaking in terms of your everyday crum bum civic such as a dx. they have a ton of civic models.

my friends new SI is a real dog though, it weighs a TON too. i have been in a saturn stick car, that was almost dead even with the si on many occasions lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts