Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the rest of you in quarantine, I've got a bad case of cabin fever! All of the car shows in this area have been cancelled or postponed until doomsday, so I'm going to start a virtual car show.

Rules: There are no rules. Post what ever you want. New, old, American, European, junk or million dollar show car. Post videos, pictures, links to pages, whatever.

I'll go first:

1949 Buick Super Convertible. I love the grill and the color combination of this car.

1949 Buick Super Convertible YouTube Video

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
My `30 Model A Roadster my Dad purchased in `74 when I was in grade school. Went to lots of parades in the mid `70's riding in the rumble street, especially remember the bicentennial year. I inherited it in `98 when he passed. I enjoy getting it out once or twice a month during warm weather. Dean

·
Premium Member
1968 coupe, 1968 vert, 1966 coupe
695 Posts
My best friend and his brother are building two ‘69s right now. A wagon and a half cab. One is going original and one restomod with a Coyote. That one will be almost the same color as the one you posted. He’s going Reef Aqua.
I plan on all original also!

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
20190905_091549.jpg

My Dad is the original owner and restorer of this 73 International Scout II 4x4, 304 V8 with 4 speed and removable top, of course.
He also resto-modded this 75 Scout II 4x4 that came with a 196 I-4 that now has a 345.
20181004_190216.jpg

20181004_190155.jpg

·
Registered
1968 Coupe, 302/T5
61 Posts

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
With a little guy on the way, I've been looking more and more at late 80's wagoneers for a family cruiser. Mustangs, firebirds, and C10's aren't very roomy. My shop build has me flat ass broke though (this is my ideal one, but this color is damn near impossible to find, the dark blue was a lot more common.)

·
Registered
706 Posts
My `30 Model A Roadster my Dad purchased in `74 when I was in grade school. Went to lots of parades in the mid `70's riding in the rumble street, especially remember the bicentennial year. I inherited it in `98 when he passed. I enjoy getting it out once or twice a month during warm weather. Dean
View attachment 756364
Nice car! Digin the cowl lights. Mine has some assembly required still.

Attachments

·
Registered
1968 Coupe, 302/T5
61 Posts
With a little guy on the way, I've been looking more and more at late 80's wagoneers for a family cruiser. Mustangs, firebirds, and C10's aren't very roomy. My shop build has me flat ass broke though (this is my ideal one, but this color is damn near impossible to find, the dark blue was a lot more common.)

View attachment 756381
I’ve owned a couple, super great rigs if you can find a solid one without auctioning a kidney. I personally really dig the early ‘70s ones with the “electric shaver” grill and slot mags.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts

View attachment 756381
While it has nothing to do with your needs I used a 1984 Grand Wagoneer as a plow truck through the 90's. I paid $2000 for a rust free example and made probably $50,000+ plowing on the truck. The downsides are the 10mpg at best, and even on the most rust free examples the factory wrap on the gas tank will eat a hole in the drivers side frame rail. They used a sponge basically!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Some great cars so far!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts