Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Go Fast has finally become a roller. I have the C5ZZ-5560-RE reverse eye leaf springs and Bilstein shocks with Del-a-lum bushings. Wheels are 15" x 7" minilites by Trans Am Race Engineering and 225/60R15 tires.

There is absolutely no weight on the rear but it is sitting up higher than I expecting (at least for now).

The lift is disengaged from the car.

For those paying close attention, the shock nuts were not tightened but have since been.

This picture is with the weight of my forklift mast on the trunk lip.

And the front is all roller except the UCA's and has Grab-a-Trac 620 springs with the 1" drop and the Arning drop. This picture also has the weight of the forklift mast on it...

These wheels are only 25" in diameter.

I'm confident it will sit lower when finished (may have to cut half a coil off the front springs) but I would like to see your stance and what you've done to get it there...

Allen

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
My tire is 26" tall, but I like to see about an inch above the tire in the rear and hide about an inch of the top of the tire inside the fender in the front for that great streetcar look. It changes a little between just under a quarter tank and a full tank of fuel, I use a stock rear spring and I have 620 coils in the front if I remember correctly. I have not done the Shelby drop, and I would like to but I'm concerned my upper control arm might rub the inside of the top of the tire. Next time I will go with a slightly shorter tire.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
In case you haven't seen this ride height comparison at Mustang Steve's...

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In case you haven't seen this ride height comparison at Mustang Steve's...

Good link. The ones I see set up close to mine sit way lower. I'm sure it's just no weight on mine so far...

Allen

·
Registered
621 Posts

Any opportunity to post a pic...

Front is all roller/heim joints, 1.75” UCA drop, 620 springs with 1 coil removed, QA1 shocks (not gas charged). 17x7 with 205/50 tires

Rear is 4.5 leaf mid eye, with slide a links (aluminum front bushing). Same QA1 shocks. 17x8 with 255/40 tires

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
620’s with half coil cut, Arning drop in front. (Rides great)

4 leaf standard eye Mustangs Plus leaves in back with 2 inch lowering blocks in the rear. (Don’t love this part so much) View attachment 742115
Damn good looking ride though!

What size wheels/tires?

Allen

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
My 67 being a 390 conv, I ordered rear springs from Eaton Spring made for my factory model & options. Then up front, because my 390 has aluminum hds & aluminum Ford intake, I took orig front coil springs and cut off half a coil. Came out perfect using 15" wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My 67 being a 390 conv, I ordered rear springs from Eaton Spring made for my factory model & options. Then up front, because my 390 has aluminum hds & aluminum Ford intake, I took orig front coil springs and cut off half a coil. Came out perfect using 15" wheels.

For a street car, that has to be perfect!!

Allen

1 - 20 of 158 Posts