PART 13 of 13

PART 13 of 13

Attachments

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
WOW, Bob. Just WOW.
What a collection! I'm sure there are some similar collections out there, but I thank you for taking the time, effort and expense preserving this history, then sharing it with us. I haven't had the time to photograph the options and accessories I have with my car, the difference being that mine are generally installed and they go with the car, so if I decide to show it (it looks pretty good for a driver but I need to get it painted again-- it has been 24 years), I hope more people will get to see them and appreciate why the 1960s at Ford, particularly the 1966 model year and the Mustang, were such an amazing time in automotive history.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Awesome items Bob, thanks for sharing.!

Josep

·
Registered
822 Posts
My '65 was purchased new in Socal by the brother of the guy I bought it from in early '66. The story goes that it was in the showroom, and heavily optioned/accesorized for such purposes.

Its an A-code auto with two tone deluxe interior, PS, AC, Disc Brakes. decor group. The car originally had AM/FM radio and reverb (all hacked up when I got it unfortunately), remote mirrors with the companion remote mirror. Console. Emergency flasher. Retractable front seatbelt. lockable glovebox door. Chromed speaker/defrost cover. It sat on 14x5.5 styled steel wheels. I think there were some other things that disappeared over time. I've seen pictures of the tissue dispenser in it.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
My '65 was purchased new in Socal by the brother of the guy I bought it from in early '66. The story goes that it was in the showroom, and heavily optioned/accesorized for such purposes.

Its an A-code auto with two tone deluxe interior, PS, AC, Disc Brakes. decor group. The car originally had AM/FM radio and reverb (all hacked up when I got it unfortunately), remote mirrors with the companion remote mirror. Console. Emergency flasher. Retractable front seatbelt. lockable glovebox door. Chromed speaker/defrost cover. It sat on 14x5.5 styled steel wheels. I think there were some other things that disappeared over time. I've seen pictures of the tissue dispenser in it.
Pictures ! ! !

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Very cool thread. Till I read this, I had never heard or paid attention to the term Rotunda. Some of those accessories are pretty heinous e.g. the horseshoe bumperettes or the mag wheel covers ugh! Fun to browse. Thanks for taking the time to do the photos guys!

"No Mustang should be without them..."

·
Registered
859 Posts

This is not Rotunda, but it’s unusual...A 65 / 66 aftermarket locking gas cap... I had never seen one until I bought it yesterday at the Swap Meet in Springfield, Ohio

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Cool! It even came with the key!

41 - 60 of 66 Posts