Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a great idea I think today...

What if we started a pipeline for the exchange of large parts like fenders rims seats etc.. maybe in an x pattern accross our region some of us could voleenter to move parts to the next location if we have enough people in a line agree to be drop off points then we could maybe get a part that someone may not ship to someone a few hundred miles away to a point where the new owner could drive to get it.. It would be very cool if it would work.. It would be slow, but effective as other mustang people would handle the part with care..

Thoughts??

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Now I have a vehicle that can handle the large parts so it is a possibility.
I'm always driving from Indy to Detroit/Flint/Windsor so I have most of I-69 and part of I-94 covered if anyone needs anything.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So maybe the first step would be to put up a sticky post get a list of drop off places for the "Pony express". compile a list and apply a list from end to end of the region post the drop off points and flow chart and general rules and wala we have a system. We could include Chicago in on this as well.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In looking at the map of the region it would have to be a big H a line running from the north tip of WI to the south tip of IL... Then a line running from Mid IL through mid IN to Mid OH... then a line running a line running from the north tip of MI to the south tip of OH just to keep it simple. I think a seller /buyer would be much more inclined to drive 2-3 hours to drop pick up a larg part vs a whole weekend.. Later if it works out we can ask other regions to be part of it..

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Sounds like a great idea to me..include me in if you need someone in the Toledo/Sandusky(Ohio) area for a drop-off / pick-up point...I have a couple trailers(a smaller one..4x8) that would be of good use from hauling "smaller" large items (motor..tranny..rear..etc) to a 17ft. tandem axel that I could use to haul a car on...(thats what mine came home from Columbus on)..A 3 hr drive would get me past Detroit to the north, and almost to Dayton to my south..and from east to west, I can get to Penn. or Indiana in approx 3 hrs also...LMK

Joe

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'm game. I can cover from just north of St. Johns, MI. clear down to Coldwater, and probably Howell to the East and Ionia to the west. I also have a large truck + many trailers at my disposal. Big barns for storage if not a continuous trip. Keep us posted. Ray

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would be game to help out. I am in Grand Rapids and would be willing to go 3 hours in any direction if that helps out. Let me know

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm in. I'm half way between Detroit and Toledo on I-75. Can't haul anything really big, but I'll do what I can

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
I'm near Akron, Ohio. I can get to the PA boarder in and hour and to Mi in about 3 hours. I can also get to Columbus in about 2 hours. Count me in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts