Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done this, or seen it done? Pics?

Have access to a flat '67 hood and repro shaker parts, wondering if it will work before I buy the bits...

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
wondering if it will work
With the right amount of fitment/adjustment, of course it can work, but how would it "look"? I'm trying to envision it and my minds eye is giving it mixed reviews.

Dave

·
Registered
207 Posts
There was a 68 here in town that had a shaker on it. He told me the shaker was from a 69 or 70 and it looked like it fit well. This car had a 302 in it.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, having a hard time visualising it myself.

Thus the request if anyone has seen it done or has pics... any clever photo-shoppers out there who can paste a 69 hood w/shaker onto a 68 coupe (preferable maroon/black as long as I'm being picky!)??? :shrug:

Debating intake/hood options for a S code GT coupe and pondering this, tri-power or dual quads... or just stick to stock louvered w/black stipes...

·
Registered
298 Posts
There used to be a 68 fastback running around Regina, Sask. a few years back that had a shaker on it. I never got to see what was done under the hood, but from the outside it really looked quite nice.
David.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
There is someone here on this site with a yellow 67-8 fastback car with a shaker and blacked out hood..It looks great in his sig picture...I have also seen one other in real life and I thought it looked good as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Last spring there was a 67' briefly featured from a show in MM and it had a Torino shaker on it and looked great. I never could find additional info about it online but I'll see if I can find the issue this weekend and scan some pics of it.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
It would prob look 'close' to what the 68.5 428cj looked like which used what looks like a 69 style scoop...not a shaker...but its a blacked out scoop on a colored hood

1 - 11 of 11 Posts