Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you all have been here.. Life, Work and other projects get in the way and before long it has been 3 or 4 months away from your car project.

I guess it is time for an intervention. I think it is time to take back at least one day or night a week back for the convertible project.

I also have a Mustang Jr. project that I want to get back working on as well.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
You're right, my car sat for the better part of 12 years before I got to it, and it took a year or so to finish it. In the end though, it's never finished, always something else I want to do to it, hang in there.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Tell me about it! Frustration has really set in on my part. Seems I get good momentum going working on the car and then work picks up and the car get pushed aside. Part that frustrates me the most is most of the work I get accomplished has to be redone or gone over again due to not being finished the first time. I got my engine compartment ready to prime a month ago and before I could actually prime it, the project had to get pushed aside. Today I'm trying to get everything cleaned up to give it another go.. Hours of wasted work. I'm thinking of taking a week vacation and just locking myself in the garage.

·
Registered
104 Posts
RyanG85 said:
I'm thinking of taking a week vacation and just locking myself in the garage.
I think this is freaking brilliant. Leave the garage door up enough though for the pizza delivery guy to slide some pies under there to you.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
The rain has kept me away for a month. Go to work ...no rain...off , it rains. I set up a 12x20 canopy today to omit the rain issues.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
My biggest issue is my Projects are at my place of business. It can be a Sunday evening and I'm working on the car and someone will walk in and want something. Its real hard to maintain momentum on a project when youre constantly interrupted.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,375 Posts
The amount of work that I have done on my car in the last 12 months from today is frankly embarrassing. I have complained to SWMBO about an undocumented feature to my car alarm. IE, all I have to do is touch the car with a tool and five minutes later, the toilet explodes, kid's car breaks down, dog gets sick, etc. It's like a conspiracy. I spent like eight uninterrupted hours in the garage working on SWMBO's transmission and never got a peep out of anybody.
SWMBO once said that if I hadn't met and married her she would bet my car would have been done and on the road long ago. I did not disagree. But the Mustang is just a car after all.
But it STILL bothers the hell out of me that I can't get anything done. :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts