Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of months back I had a lifter go bad/flat on the stang, decided it was time for a small rebuild, installed a new cam and lifters, everything was good for about the first 200 miles, since then one started ticking again, pulled the valve covers and set them again, thought that one might of loosened up on me, things were good, then started ticking again, went away, came back, went away again, and came back again today.
Oil level is good, at idle have about 28 lbs pressure, it that acceptable? It still has the cam break in additive in the oil as have only put about 300/350 miles on engine since rebuild, could this have any thing to do with it? Recommended to put about 500 miles on engine befor changing oil. Any ideas as to things to look at or should I just reset the lifters again.
Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
find the one thats ticking and tighten it alittle bit more. dont loosen it and mess with all of them just tighten it until it stops clicking

1 - 2 of 2 Posts