Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 1/2 D Code Coupe,
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dashes Direct has Ivy gold. I would call to see if it is the same. I would go with the For Tooling
Thanks, I'll give them a call for her. None of the usual placed seem to care that color.

·
Vendor
3,871 Posts
It is incorrect to expect it to be Light Ivy Gold, because the dash pad in a Light Ivy Gold interior is actually DARK... Otherwise, it'd glare like crazy in the windshield. So Ford always went with darker shades on the dash pad and package trays...

·
rdnck1
233 Posts
It is incorrect to expect it to be Light Ivy Gold, because the dash pad in a Light Ivy Gold interior is actually DARK... Otherwise, it'd glare like crazy in the windshield. So Ford always went with darker shades on the dash pad and package trays...
Rick is correct, my car has the Honey Gold and White Deluxe interior with a darker green dash. The lighter color will glare like crazy. If you must have that Light Honey Gold color here is one place you can get it from TMI but not cheap, https://www.tmiproducts.com/ford/classic-mustang-1964-1973/1966-mustang/dash-pads/molded-dash-pad-1964-66-mustang.html/.
You can shop the other vendors to compare prices but a darker green is better and is probably what the car came with. Post pics of the dash (if it has one) and maybe someone can tell you what color you actually have. Also, see pic of my car with the darker dash for reference. Regards, Jim

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts