Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s a good one for you electrical geniuses. 1966 mustang convertible with a 6 cylinder and automatic transmission. With the headlight switch off, the right rear and front right turn signal work, no right dash light and work with parking lights and headlights on. With parking light or headlights on, brakes do not get brighter when hitting pedal. When left signal activated, left rear and front blink, the dash signal bulb flashes correctly, but the dash light bulbs for the gauges blink too with headlight switch completely off. With the headlights on and parking lights on the left front signal stays on, dash indicator light stays solid and the right rear stop works when pedal applied. I’ve installed all new wiring through out the car but the turn signal switch has not been replaced. All bulbs are LED from vintageleds.com and all bulbs in the interior are LEDS along with gauge cluster bulbs from hipo parts. I am running the flasher I got with my lights. Any help would be great. I’m cross eyed from looking at wiring diagrams!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
950 Posts
Simple. Remove all the wiring/LED light modifications buy original harnesses and take it to a shop for install. Even though your wiring harness and LEDs fit, they're either wired wrong (wrong color coding) or mis-connected.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is an original style harness. The LED lights can be removed as they are a plug and play. I put regular incandescent bulbs in and same thing.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Check all the sockets for good connections, and freshen them up. Then remove all grounds, clean everything up and reinstall securely. When screwy things like this happen, grounds are often the issue. Get it going with bulbs first then switch to LEDs.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After lots of chasing I got it taken care of. It was a faulty turn signal switch. Not bad for a 54yo switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts