Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
I can't speak for anyone else but mine are white. With the red lens I didn't think the lights needed to be any redder and they're plenty bright enough.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Got the kit from GTO Navy and they are awesome. Oracle LED for the headlights and Autoworks Restomod for license plate LED and interior courtesy light LED.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
My SHO has OEM LED headlights and I'm not all that happy with them. The cutoff on low beam is severe to the point of not being able to see anything beyond that cutoff. I was on a country lane last night and because of all the hills and curves it was almost impossible to see far enough ahead just using the low beams. I could slow down to around 30MPH, but this is one of those roads that are just made for driving.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I just installed these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J36132S?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details

In the under dash lights in my 66. Wow! Way brighter. Even with a black interior I would not go brighter than 300lm. While they say "warm white" , 3000k, they seem a bit cooler than that, but that's okay. There may be some small brass tabs in the rim of the socket that need could need to be bent back against the housing to make room for the white insulating ring. I did not have to do that on the drivers side, but did on the passenger side.

I have some eBay LED's coming for the dash (warm white). I figured I would spend $10 there before dropping $60 for the Hipo parts Elite kit.

Tail lights are already done, now I just need to grab some lamps for the front parking/turn signals.

Headlights remain old school.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I'm also in the camp that the cutoff on modern LED headlights sucks. I'd rather have the low beams from my old mustang than a modern bright white light that cuts off in the center of your field of vision and leaves you completely in the dark when driving hilly roads.
Quite honestly, my thoughts are the first step for anyone looking to upgrade lighting on a vintage mustang should be getting the headlights on relays and moving forward from there. Adding the relays for the headlights takes most of the load off of the headlight switch, this leaves you with brighter headlights and tail lights, even using the stock bulbs.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts