Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DAS picked up the fastback for it's trek to Califonia last night. I spent a few minutes before they were due to arrive, walking around the car and thinking "I may never own this nice a mustang ever again".... :eek:

I was hit with a second of seller's remorse, but like many tough but correct decisions, I was soon at peace with it. So, I went and pulled the sprint coupe into it's new place in the garage. :: Time to get to work!

I hope the new owner is happy with his purchase, and enjoys it as much as I did. I feel pretty good about "saving" that car. :: Dickson

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I think I know what you're talking about. That is a beautiful fastback there... But don't worry, it'll have a happy home and you'll find greener pastures... Just like a woman, there are more out there, and hopefully better ones!

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I believe you decided to part with it because it was basically no use to you, right? It only sat in storage and wasn't appropriate for daily driving... I felt the same when I bought a yellow '66 coupe to satisfy my driving jones a couple years ago. I was excited about the "new" coupe in the driveway; but wondered when I'd ever have time for the fastback. It too was just a little too nice to get on the road very often. So there it sat. I went weeks without touching it – much less starting and driving it!

It took my wife to point me in the right direction: I kept saying I wanted to get the new coupe in as good of shape as the fastback. She was the one that pointed out that I wouldn't drive it then either!

So I cut my losses and sold the coupe after only a few months. I broke the fastback out of its retirement and haven't looked back. After it hit the first big mud puddle, all the anxiety was over. It was back to being a car again (instead of a shrine)! :p

·
4,129 Posts
Now you need to change your sig pic. :: We want to see the "new" project. fd

·
Registered
384 Posts
I remember when I traded my 88 GT in on my 94 Cobra (now also traded). Man, that was tough. It was a blast when I bought it during some pretty good times. When things went south for awhile, that car got me through a bout of unemployment, helped me make some money and didn't give me any mechanical trouble until after I was more than able to afford getting it fixed. I don't mind telling you that I was a little choked up when I cleaned it out and removed the plates. My girlfriend thought I was a little strange, but she stuck with me.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Dickson,

It was a great car. I have a feeling you'll have one as nice or nicer in the future. You just like these cars too much.

I thought it was going to England am I incorrect?

James

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bish - The UK guy backed out. His mother got sick, and his contractors showed up to build his Garaj Mahal after an 18 mos delay....All in the week prior to his needing to pay me for the fastback :eek:.....

I posted in the VMF "For Sale" area, and a fellow from California ended up contacting me from that ad. *note to self* make a VMF contribution for that!

And yes, I'll eventually replace my signature pic with a new one of a less attractive car. Perhaps, as Mid has suggested, "Slowbasketcase." I kinda like that ! ::

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As the car was being loaded on to the flatbed, two delivery guys got out of their truck and gave me and the car the most expressive "OOH" and "AAH" session it's ever gotten. These guys knew mustangs, and really appreciated the car. I ate that attention up! ::

1 - 11 of 11 Posts