Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Teaser image! Car got painted today and after a 21 hour day working on it with 3 hours of sleep the night before... I am WIRED! The two year wait was worth it!

More pics to come once I get her home!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is Nightmist Blue paint code per PPG with Wimbledon White stripes. These are the only pics I have so far, left her baking in the booth at 2am when we finished up. Not sure if I am bringing her home Sunday or Monday, but planning to snap some pics outdoors in the sunlight.

My excitement did not allow me to wait for those photos before posting :D

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Is the white matte? It kind of looks like it, which would be awesome. Either way, nice color combo. I'm thinking my next car will be nightmist blue with silver two-tone.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
It was the color of Jim Morrison's Shelby....

I can't remember if Jim's had White stripes though, I do remember that it had a Parchment interior..

It looks as if you'll finally "Break on Through to the Other Side" of your project now.....lol..

Are you going with Inboard or Outboard Center Grill and Headlights?

Tony K.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all!

It was the color of Jim Morrison's Shelby....

I can't remember if Jim's had White stripes though, I do remember that it had a Parchment interior..

It looks as if you'll finally "Break on Through to the Other Side" of your project now.....lol..

Are you going with Inboard or Outboard Center Grill and Headlights?

Tony K.

That will probably be something not decided until I hit the submit button at Branda. Right now, leaning towards inboard.

Is the white matte? It kind of looks like it, which would be awesome. Either way, nice color combo. I'm thinking my next car will be nightmist blue with silver two-tone.
Nope it is gloss, just the way the light is hitting it there. My painter kind of did it backwards, but it worked out well. Painted white down the center, we taped off the stripes, then did the blue.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Great! Keep posting your progress.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
:thumbsup::thumbsup: - love that color combo and can't wait to see more pics!! Congrats!!!

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Nightmist is one of God's colors!
Looks great!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts