Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a post yesterday on using disc brakes from something besides a Versailles rear end. This is a new conversion kit a guy I met through the internet developed and is selling at what seems like a very reasonable price. He is a great guy and thorougly knowledgable on the subject.

http://www.ultrastang.com/Ultrainfo.asp?Page_ID=11

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
i'm looking at that kit for my car. I already got the Mark VII for the engine. I got a 9" rear end on order, if it ever arrives and i'm sure of what brearing size i'll have i'm probably going to order those brackets.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,733 Posts
The LSC front brakes won't work for us. The 79 up guys used like them because they are the same as the 86 SVO brakes. Nowadays they're after the newer big Cobra brakes.
I'm passing through Arkansas in a couple of weeks and may stop in Fordyce to pick up my brackets. I have all the other parts on the bench now.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have a clue on that stuff. Steve (the guy at the website) could probably tell you.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am trying to decide myself. I keep reading where it is better to have drums on the rear and that rear disc is just for looks, but all new cars obviously have them. So I keep going round and round on the subject. The big killer is the Master Cylinder for this setup. $250 is a little stiff for me!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are you doing about the Master Cylinder??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts