Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what year (if any) the Lincoln Mk VII had MAS air? I saw a MAS conversion on jegs for Mustangs. Will this work for the VII?

Thinking about tearing the 5.0 HO from a beater Mk for a mod stang. Am I nuts?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
What year is it? I am checking right now to see if they came with MAS air or not. Converting a speed density car to MAS air is fairly simple though. So either way its probably a good deal to use the motor.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
1989 is when the MK VII's went to MAS air, atleast from my research anyway. Maybe someone else will chime in with a year, and hopefully it will be the same /forums/images/icons/wink.gif.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I recently purchased an 89 Mark VII for $600 at auction. The engine is ideal to transplant into a mustang. As you probably already know the HO engine was built really good. 89-92 are roller cam, forged pistons and rods, better flowing heads than the early heads (not saying much).

As far as i can tell they 5.0 never went to mass air on the lincoln mark VII. Just about everything else followed the mustang but in 89 the mustang went to MASS air and the lincoln did not get it. It will cost about $300 on to convert to MASS air. You need the mustang computer. The A9T ($150) from the stick shift mustang is supposed to have better curves than the A9P ($100) from an automatic. Then you need a wiring harness for $25 and you need the intake tube and the sensor itself ($150). Or you can get an aftermarket cool air system but you still need the actual sensor. The MASS error sensor must be matched to the fuel injectors in the car. The JEGS kit should work just fine on a lincoln. The air intake might not have been perfect but so what its not ever going into a lincoln, you would have the same problem with a mustang donor.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. The blue hair's in my part of the country (Detroit) are practically giving away 89 to early 90's Mark VII's. I figure this would give me a good start to my next project, adding this rebuilt engine/trans combo to a 65-66 'vert.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
the lincolns have many problems that are expensive to fix. The air ride suspension, the leather seats, the electronics in the dash and the ABS brakes all had problems. That is a major reason for there low price. So when shopping be sure you check them and if there bad use it as a bargining point. Each one can cost a grand to fix.

Read this for fun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts