Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car turned out great, and I'm sure she looks good driving it, but I can't help but to think this is how Jason feels driving it!
View attachment 763705
He's only an inch taller than me. You end up with the seat tilted back pretty good. It's not super comfortable in the stock low back seats. I swapped in some vintage recaros a few years back. That fixed that problem.

Phil

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang, 302, C4 and 9 inch
79 Posts
I saw that video too. Very cool. He is deep in the bike world too, as am I. He likes super old bikes.... Harley's, Triumph, anything old and scrappy looking. I read a piece in one of my bike mags and he likes to wrench himself. Seems like a very cool celeb.

·
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder why he didn't repaint it the original color. And how would she know it was hers if it wasn't the same color?
I had the same thoughts. This didn't look to be a case where Mrs. Bonet didn't know her car was being worked on. I mean...if it was a surprise he wouldn't have opted for a color change. He'd have brought it back to original. They must have discussed it and decided they wanted a black mustang.

Phil

·
Vendor
3,862 Posts
I had the same thoughts. This didn't look to be a case where Mrs. Bonet didn't know her car was being worked on. I mean...if it was a surprise he wouldn't have opted for a color change. He'd have brought it back to original. They must have discussed it and decided they wanted a black mustang.

Phil
Naw, I don't think that's necessarily a dead-giveaway.. The fact that she's held onto the car all these years, well beyond when they were married, means that she always had dreams and goals for the car, she'd just never gotten around to acting on them. It's quite likely and plausible that she had frequently shared with him that "I'd love to do this, and that, and I want to repaint it this, with that, and...".

It's quite likely that he simply acted-upon, and executed, discussions and dreams that she had shared over years of time, while the car just sat. We all know that this is the case with MANY broken-down and set-aside relics.. Everyone's got plans and dreams, but for many they just never get around to it.

So it could have easily been a big surprise, and he could have easily known going-in, what her plans were, but never put into motion.

Nope, the only thing on that video that made me chuckle, and was pure B.S., was "it's a 1-of-3, they looked it up..".. It's a '65 folks, there's no Marti Report or statistical breakdown for it. That, was someone's fairy-tale.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was curious as to whether or not they left the four speed in it. The shifter area appear dark so I don't think there was an automatic shifter bezel and shift handle. Must have left it a 4-speed.

·
Registered
1967 Convertible Shelby clone
29 Posts
The triple black looks good but why did they run the top snaps alone the tops of both doors-a full interior cover?

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
The triple black looks good but why did they run the top snaps alone the tops of both doors-a full interior cover?
I think it is dark dark dark green. A member here, Ken Ash, has similar snaps on his 65 convertible. He showed me how he just snaps a cover over the interior rather than putting the top up and down. It was pretty cool.

·
Registered
1967 GT500
530 Posts
They have had the story on Instagram, TMZ and Daily Mail TV. I never could tell if it was really her original car or not.

·
Registered
631 Posts
"It's one of three in this spec, so we're going to completely change it."

Momoa punting original Rally-Pac tach into the woods while his mechanics throw the original gold tins into a crusher

·
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kudos to you for posting it first! I looked to see if anyone had already posted about this video before I made my post.

But in my defense:

"Aqua Cosby Stang" as a title didn't register as being about this video. Aqua? It's a color. Cosby. That show went off the air in 1992...and most of us quit watching it way before that. I mean, those of us that were alive back then and old enough to watch TV. Stang? All the posts are about stangs. You might as well have titled the post "Silver Angel Heart Pony".

Phil

·
Registered
10,958 Posts
Kudos to you for posting it first! I looked to see if anyone had already posted about this video before I made my post.

But in my defense:

"Aqua Cosby Stang" as a title didn't register as being about this video. Aqua? It's a color. Cosby. That show went off the air in 1992...and most of us quit watching it way before that. I mean, those of us that were alive back then and old enough to watch TV. Stang? All the posts are about stangs. You might as well have titled the post "Silver Angel Heart Pony".

Phil
Aqua as in he played aquaman in the recent movie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts