Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am having a hard time to find the 'correct' heights for the jig I am placing my 1965 Fastback on to replace the sheetmetal from firewall forwards. I have googled and measured for hours and found various posts which include:
-Ford is incorrect so use Liskey
-Use Ford but change rear measurement from 15.13 to 16"
-Use Liskey but swap front A 13 3/8 for rear B 11 1/8
-Use Liskey but drop front two dimensions A 13 3/8 & 13" by 1"
None of these fit my car - stripped shell using a laser level underneath which I set to the front & rear measurement and check the rest between...
I have the Ford & Liskey drawings which don't fit...
Is there a definitive correct set of measurements that works ?
Am I measuring to the correct locations on the car. Description here & pics for reference ?
Liskey - bottom of rail at front, bottom of rail behind LCA, bottom at front of floor support rail, Centre of Front spring eye bolt, bottom of rail at rear
Ford - centre of front bumper mount hole, Centre of the rear UCA mount hole (LHS), Centre of Steering mount front lower bolt (LHS), Centre of Front spring eye bolt, Centre of Rear spring eye bolt.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang Fastback GT350-Tribute Restomod. 2019 Shelby GT350.
113 Posts
Hi Rich65, I am attaching both an original and a modified/redlined George Liskey drawing that I used to resolve a problem I had with the dimension between the motor mounts. I found that the 22.25" dimension in the modified drawing is correct vs. the Liskey original 21.5" dimension. I verified this by measuring four other '65 and '66 Mustangs from my local Mustang Club. Prior to adjusting my Mustang frame to the modified dimensions, I couldn't get TCP's R&P steering nor Stan's Tri-Y headers to fit. Afterwards, they dropped right in.

Obviously I was concerned with these specific X-Y dimensions in the engine bay. I realize you are concerned with the Z-dimension, but I thought I'd let you know that I think the modified Liskey drawing may be more accurate than the Liskey original.

I seem to recall coming across another forum thread suggesting that there were problems with the original Liskey drawing in the rear frame Z-dimension. I will try to re-locate that conversation and will send it on if I find it.

Jim

George W. Liskey Original.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jim. Yes I did read your original post on the engine bay measurement which I have already added to my marked up drawing - tick one measurement confirmed !!! Like I have said in original post there are so many different variations on the Z measurements its not funny.... It would be great to hear from someone who finished a 65/66 and the measurements from Ford / Liskey / combination / modified that worked...… Cheers Rich

1 - 3 of 3 Posts