Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After several unsucessful searches I have come up empty handed.

Does anyone have or know of a complete list of bolts used on the 67/68's?

My car was bought as a basket case and while I've managed to go through the big box of bolts that came with it I'm missing almost all of the front suspension bolts and about 1/2 of the body bolts, I don't have any of the door hinge bolts, fender bolts, control arm to frame, idler arm to frame, etc. if I had 1 or 2 of these bolts I could go from there but I don't even have a starting point.

I've considered buying one of the $200 bolt kits but I'm afraid it won't have what I need.

Thanks

·
Registered
674 Posts
It sounds like what you need is here...
Fastener Book
All of the AMK I have used so far have been very complete and fairly accurate. You can also try getting a Ford Master Parts catalog along with the Osborne assembly manuals and all of that should get you really close.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that link that is exactly what I was looking for. I think I saw their product listings and not the book.

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
But the bolt kit! I bought one a few years ago and it is well worth the money. each set of bolts is packaged and clearly labled.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Buy the bolt kit. It will save you LOTS of time. Otherwise you will spend hours and hours cleaning fasteners and trying to figure out where everything goes.

All the packages are labelled.

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
+1, +1, and +1. The book is especially, a must have.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Totally Stainless has the kits for the classic mustangs. Best part, all fasteners are stainless steel. They're also made in the USA. Page 54 of their catalog.
ORIGINAL STYLE-INDENTED HEX WITH BLACK STAINLESS WHERE APPROPRIATE 6-4103 331.00

"non original" styles are cheaper.

I bought their kit for my 66, everything each part is sealed in a labeled bag, makes it really easy when it comes time to put everything together.

I've been buying grade 8 stainless from these guys for a number of years, so far their products have been top shelf.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I will probably get the bolt kit but in the mean time I need to get the car rolling so I can get a better assessment of what I have to work with.

Its strapped to a dolly right now.

This is probably pretty good too:
https://www.amkproducts.com/Ford_Fastener_Kits.asp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts