Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this merits for Doofus, but maybe a reminder of "check the simple things first". Heater blower stopped co-operation two months ago after I managed to get horns operating with some creative wiring. I had one loose wire after that hanging and no heater blower. Well, I thought I might have done some damage to blower motor or shorted wires or whatever. I spend at least 10 evenings trying to find out where the loose wire is going under dash. Sight became always blurred, partly because of nice ergonomics under dash and partly because I was just hanging out in carage drinking beer rather than doing some household chores in home. This evening, I found it was a blown fuse. Ah, anyway, good beer. And I still don't know what's that loose wire.

Door handle first

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Funny how the beer can impair a project, but the project can't be done without the beer ... it's just of life's little mysteries *LOL*.

What color's the wire and where approx. is it located?

If you always do what you've always done,
You'll always get what you've always got

http://www.classic-mustang.net/johnpro

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is very near to blower motor and can't really see where it is going and color is black. Don't know if it is original wiring or POs' creative wiring. There a few other loose wire ends under dash. They have been there at least 10 years, so I rather not touch them.

Door handle first to corner

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I guess if everything is working you can tuck it up under the dash and forget about it. 'Course 30 plus wiring aren't as limber and don't tuck up very easily!

Some times I sure feel like drinking after a severe frustration session but genetics won't allow it.

(I don't think you should worry about even a small Doofus, it's more fun imagining electrical meltdown than check simple things) *G*

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts