Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I finally have the money and blessing of my wife to work on my '66 coupe. I've owned it for 15 years (was my first car) and it has been out of commission for close to half of that time.

I was wondering if any of you have a suggestion for a local vendor for sheet metal and other parts I'll need while restoring my car.

Thanks,

-Darren

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks! I'll give them a shout. I used to go to Bel-Kirk 10-12 years ago but stopped due to what I thought was a very bad service orientation at the desk. Has that changed at all?

-Darren

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No offense here... I had the same reaction. It looks like a new shop has opened in Bellevue called Blue Oval Pony Cars run by Dave the former shop manager and mechanic at Bel-Kirk. I wonder if he is any different than what I experience at the counter there. I would rather spend my money at a local shop then send it elsewhere, but only to a certain extent.

Thanks,

-Darren

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
I've had Dave at Blue Oval do some work for me on my convertible. As far as I know, he is not a part vendor and orders his parts through some of the large mail order places. IIRC, this was due to his close proximity to Bel-Kirk and Scott Drake not wanting two dealers so close to each other.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, thanks for the feedback guys! I'll try to get some pics up soon of what I'm dealing with. It looks like I will have to replace both quarters as well as the drop offs and the taillight panel for starters. Hopefully I'm not getting into this over my head!

-Darren

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
napaguy said:
I personally hate that gal that works at bel kirk mustang...sorry if I offend

the old bastard that works there isnt much better

sorry if I offend

I wouldnt spend a dime there if they were the last mustang parts supplier out there.
Are you talking about the old woman? Seems like something is not right there...?

That shop helped us out in a pinch once when we came up for the Round Up. And they've seemed OK each time we've been.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Ricks Pony Parts in Stanwood (360)435-9323 ,He does eves and weekends from his house and He will be at the Monroe swap meet coming up in the next couple of weeks

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
napaguy said:
A_65_Myself said:
napaguy said:
I personally hate that gal that works at bel kirk mustang...sorry if I offend

the old bastard that works there isnt much better

sorry if I offend

I wouldnt spend a dime there if they were the last mustang parts supplier out there.
Are you talking about the old woman? Seems like something is not right there...?

That shop helped us out in a pinch once when we came up for the Round Up. And they've seemed OK each time we've been.

Hey if they make you happy then by all means buy all your parts from them...
Huh? Whatever.

·
Registered
699 Posts
There's also B&M in Monroe for parts. I don't think that was mentioned.

I've also had work done by Blue Oval. Dave is a good guy and I've been happy with the work.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You might try R&S Mustang in Albany, OR.

He sell new and has allot of parts cars and used items.

Phone number is 541-926-5383

1 - 10 of 10 Posts