Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have been racking my brain out (not much there anyway), on trying to come up with a Logo for my new business. I am getting ready to have some banners, flyers, T-shirts and more permanent business cards made up, and would like to include a LOGO on these items as well as future stuff.

If anyone has some spare time and can help me come up with something, I would be willing to throw in some FREE custom parts that I produce, can throw in a T-shirt that shows your Logo when I get them finished as well. If I get a few different ones, might even do a design off to pick a winner!

If anyone's interested, email me or PM me for more info!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey Doug,

How about a horse whizzing on a Chevy, kinda like that Calvin thing usually seen on pick up trucks?

Then again, maybe not. ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
OK Doug, if we’re to get serious about this, we need some insight into your approach and goals.

One approach is to just develop a cool font for the name you’ve selected. Another is to design graphics that emphasize what it is you’re doing - are you just going to be a parts supplier/broker with a little custom stuff or are you going to develop/engineer etc. If you develop, will you stick to panels and dress-up/effects or do some serious gearhead’n. Will you do ground-up work and if so will you focus on traditional or restomod.

Give us some clues and we'll have some fun with this!
:)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Doug, good luck on your business venture. The simpler the better on the logo. Here is a quickie I did.

http://mark.emdnet.com/images/WCCMlogo.jpg

Mark

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Here is one that is more old school. I am really bored as you can tell. At least these might give you some ideas.

http://mark.emdnet.com/images/WCCMlogo2.jpg

Mark

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Geez,

I didn't know designing a logo had to be so technical! LOL...

Basically this is a West Coast business, and I'm wanting to portrait this. The first thing that came to mind was Palm trees, sunsets and cool Mustangs, but it seems something was missing after my first attempt. The business is being geared toward custom & unique parts for Mustangs. Basically I am not going to be catering to your everyday reproduction parts, as there is enough of these type companies out there. My parts list will consist of aftermarket or restomod style parts that can be used on any year classic mustangs, as well as parts that are designed after stock parts, but not available yet on the market for what ever reason. I am also working on some things that will bring the 21 century into the market for classic mustangs with carbon fiber products, and some new developments with another company that will give TCP a run for their money.

I have only scratched the surface of where I want to be, but everything will come in due time.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! those are pretty cool... I see there is going to be some good designs come out of this. I think I will definitely have to put this to a vote, other wise I will be rackin my brain some more just trying to figure out which one to go with. It amazes me of how talented some of you are at this kind of stuff.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
There is a active member of this board who is an advertising designer by trade, and his stuff is pretty nice... I am sure he will chime in, just wish I could remember his username!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
sure dodge.. make your car the center of attention. I know i know... its prolly the only picture you had to work with. Well everything thus far i have worked up hasn't been to par with this stuff.. i'm sure i'll chime in if i get time... i've been too busy designing logos and setting up the webpage for my pop's business.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have an idea but no art work. I used to work as a T-shirt artist but don't seem to have the time now-a-days. I've never been to California but when I think of the West Coast I think of Surfing, Sand, Girls, and Rods. I know that's sterotypical but what the heck I'm a native Ohio farmboy. All we got here is cornfields, malls, and more cornfields.

What about a Woody Mustang with a pair of surf boards on it with some hot blond in a bikini next to it under a palm tree?

I also got a great idea for a logo for Naked girl coffee. It just tastes better, if anyone's interested.

I know this guy out west who does great art work. Here's a link I think everyone on VMF would enjoy. Check his original art, it's kool. ::

www.zombiehotrodwear.com

I also like this site: www.daddyos.com

I love this site too. You got to check the video's.
www.gotflames.net

I was thinking of getting a flame kit, pushbutton bleach kit, and some hot neons. What do you think?

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm working on it. Actually a blue California Special with white stripes would be sweet since that will soon be my new daily driver! Anyone got any pics? LOL It would actually fit into the theme of things as well being a "California" Special

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Since you're going to be specializing in carbon fiber, and idea might be to work that "crosshatched" texture into your logo or background.

Also, IMHO a 3 letter acronym works better than a 4 letter. I think WCC works better than WCCM, even if it drops the mustang part....Kinda like OCC ? ::

·
Registered
612 Posts
Do they all have to have the jesus fish on them too? I think you need the "pony rustler" dude in the pic - you know, a hot restomod (to show that your not just repo parts) and leaning up against it the masked pony rustler..... You can work in palm trees and sun in the background.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts