Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The po of my car screwed logos into the side of the top behind the back windows. I don't want to have to get a new top(I know the after market one on there now is the wrong one). Thoughts on removing that and keeping water out? I was thinking unscrew, fill holes with black silicon, maybe put flat head black screws in the holes to be less noticeable? Thoughts, ideas? Pic attached, it's not too clear, I cut it off another pic. Thanks alot, George

Attachments

·
Registered
35,892 Posts
Yep, I've seen those before, certain dealers were involved, while it's not as exotic as a California Special, they aren't from K-Mart, either.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
The top was part of that package as well, which would explain why it looks different. If it were my car I'd think twice before removing them.

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
Yeah, those "branded" emblems are pretty rare. I would keep it on! It's part of the original Dealer promotion that came with the car! I hope that you did'nt cut them off! In other words, They came with (on, installed by the selling Ford dealer as part of a special promotion above) when the car was sold new. Pretty rare stuff!! - Not a million bucks though..

Check out more about your "Branded" mustang at the weblink below. Look under "1967 Branded". It was the same identical thing. as the '66 Branded. Basically kits of special stripes, vinyl roofs, and emblems given to dealers to help "push-out" cars on the Used car lot. The emblem look familiar? It should. Funny thing was that these were actually Ford parts!..and carried Ford Part numbers on them!

http://www.limited600mustang.net/specials.html

Tony K.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, thanks for the quick replies and the info. I thought it was an incorrect aftermarket top with the Kmart logos. As they say, you learn something new every day. Thanks again.

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
Hey, everyone, Look at the ad above and the white mustang to the right... Is that a MOD-TOP mustang?????? Never seen one of those!!!!!!

I guess that it really was a special vinyl top package! Pretty cool!

Anyone ever seen the 1968-1969 Mod-Top option on the Barracudas and Darts?

Tony K.

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
No el-cheapo vinyl top and K-mart logos here pal... You've got the real McCoy.

Cherish it!

It's rare!

Bet you'll be the only one at every Mustang show with this rare option, anywhere you go! I'm surprised that all the stuff is actually still there from '66! Now you've got to get a special "show" board made up to reflect your rare pony! I bet less than 50 probably still exist in the original configuration...maybe less..

See..? What you were originally "bumming" about...now just turned that frown upside down!..hehehe.

Good thing that you checked here first.. Smart boy, That's all I can say..!!!

Tony K.

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
Now all you need is the "thoroughbred" stripes!! I would just get the favorite Ford rocker stripes of one of the listed colors above...and add it to the inside of the trunk as part of the package!...lol.... The stripes probably were'nt too much diffferent... The stripes look like original mustang rocker stripes with the sides cut off..and it looks like they just used the middle "fat" stripe. Pretty easy to replicate!

Tony K.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts