Registered
19,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved this in an email at work.

If you had bought $1000.00 worth of Nortel stock one
year ago, it would now be worth $49.00.
With Enron, you would have $16.50 of the original
$1,000.00.
With Worldcom, you would have less than $5.00 left.
If you had bought $1,000.00 worth of Budweiser (the
beer, not the stock) one year ago, drank all the beer,
then turned in the cans for the 10 cent deposit, you
would have $214.00.
Based on the above, my current investment advice is to
drink heavily and recycle.

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
A golden opportunity to invest these days, saw on the news this AM that tech stocks wouldn't see much appreciable gains for 5 years...
Communication stocks, well... Everyone has a cellphone now...

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Just FYI - If you HAD bought the stock (not the beer) a year ago, you'd have about $1070 today. I guess a bunch of people are already taking your advice, Tom!

Steve

·
Registered
977 Posts
I am not a financial advisor; however, I was going after my license a couple of months ago. I changed my mind. Anyhow this is not a stock pick bulleten board; however, you might want to keep an eye on this one... ETTC. Do your home work before you invest, don't go off of my advice. Just check it out and keep an eye on it. It was at .02¢ in June when the symbol changed. Come on Presidential election 2004. Best of luck to all.
1965 coupe in resto.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Sorry, it was April when it was at 2¢. Don't pay any attention to the chart prior to April 25th where it dropped off and nose dived. ET Corp took over the symbol where the drop off took place. I am not going to tell you my prediction for this in 2004. I will keep that to myself.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
thanks Tom, it is good advise. I will be getting some Bud today.

You forgot to mention "cans" not "bottles" Around here you only get .05 Per LB for glass.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
If 2.5 years ago you paid $9,000 for a Mustang Vert and invested an additional $6,000 in upgrades, today you would have one hell of a fun car worth every penny invested. My hot stock tip for today is to keep an eye on MSTNG, it is sure to appreciate /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts